10 positions for Doctoral Candidates
Jasco Europe and CISSE Doctoral Network are happy to advertise 10 positions for Doctoral Candidates (DCs) in several organisations across Europe and in Israel, all members of the Horizon Europe Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action Doctoral Network entitled “Chiral-Induced Spin Selectivity Effect“.
An announcement has just been published on EURAXESS 10 positions for Doctoral Candidates available – Horizon Europe MSCA Doctoral Network “CISSE” (Chiral-Induced Spin Selectivity Effect) | EURAXESS (europa.eu)
Candidates are required to visit www.cisse-msca.eu to view the recruitment leaflet and read recruitment process.
The CISSE consortium members carry out research at the forefront of a number of interlinked theoretical and experimental disciplines involving: molecular design, synthetic chemistry, organic materials, nanoscience, electrochemistry, chirality, surface chemistry, industrial scale up, development of analytical methods and instrumentation.
The scientific objective of CISSE is to make a giant leap forward into the knowledge and understanding of the intriguing CISS effect. This entails a list of well-defined goals namely to:
- elucidate the link between molecular structure and spin polarization,
- use spin polarization to trigger and direct CSB at nano and macro scales,
- explore the asymmetric synthesis using the CISS effect in (photo)redox reactions,
- assess the use of CISS effect in multistep syntheses of industrially-relevant molecules,
- quantify the role of spin-polarization in the intermolecular interactions of biomolecules and to measure energy scale in bio recognition process,
- understand the role of exchange interactions in CISS effect,
- develop analytical methods and instruments to detect spectral signature of CISS effect.
The CISSE consortium includes the following 14 participants:
- UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES (ULB)
- KATHOLIEKE UNIVERSITEIT LEUVEN (KUL)
- WEIZMANN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE (WIS)
- THE HEBREW UNIVERSITY OF JERUSALEM (HUJI)
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITEIT EINDHOVEN (TUE)
- UNIVERSITAET HAMBURG (UHAM)
- SYMERES NETHERLANDS BV (SYMERES)
- Jasco Deutschland SRL (JASCO)
- ARTTIC (ARTTIC)
- UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH (UPIT)
- INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AUSTRIA (ISTA)
- WESTFAELISCHE WILHELMS-UNIVERSITAET MUENSTER (WWU)
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI BRESCIA (UNIBS)
- OHME ASBL (OHME)